Monday, January 24, 2011
My Knowledge
Author Unknown
Though men confront the living God
With wisdom than his Word more wise
And leaving paths apostles trod
Their own devise:
I would forsake, and flee,
O Christ, the living Way, to Thee!
I know not what the schools may teach,
Nor yet how far from truth depart;
One lesson is within my reach-
The Truth Thou art;
And learning this, I learn each day
To cast all other lore away.
I cannot solve mysterious things,
That fill the schoolmen's thoughts with strife;
But oh! What peace this knowledge brings-
Thou art the Life!
Hid in Thy everlasting deeps
The silent God His secret keeps.
The Way, the Truth, the Life, Thou art!
This, I know; to this I cleave;
The sweet, new language of my heart-
"Lord, I believe."
I have no doubt to bring to Thee;
My doubt has fled, my faith is free!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment